Welcome to Saint Matthew Catholic School, a learning community based in love that is committed to embodying “The Warrior Way.”
Now enrolling for the 2015-16 School Year
Learn more about “The Warrior Way” by clicking here.
We are proud to be a Catholic School accredited by the Archdiocese of Indianapolis and the State of Indiana through the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Our Catholic identity comes first and foremost, as best seen through our Pastor, Fr. Nick Dant, who is very supportive of our school’s mission of providing a quality Catholic education.
- Attend weekly all-school Masses
- Masses planned by classes with full student participation
- Opportunity for Reconciliation with Fr. Nick
- Participation in Sacraments in conjunction with the St. Matthew Parish Faith Formation program
- Stations of the Cross
- Last Supper re-enactment
- May Crowning
- Canned Food Collections and Easter Basket Distribution
- Service Projects, such as our dg-2 group
- Vocation trips to Sisters of St. Francis in Oldenburg and to St. Meinrad
We also continue to be proud of our academic performance.
- St. Matthew has once again earned an “A” grade from the Indiana Department of Education
- Over 90% of St. Matthew Students continue to pass both the ISTEP Language Arts and ISTEP Math in Spring 2014
- 100% of our 3rd grade passed the I-READ 3 test for reading ability, in both Spring 2012 and Spring 2013.
- 78% of our entire 8th Grade passed the Algebra 1 ECA, a high school graduation exam in Spring 2013.
Enrollment for 2015-16 will begin in January. Please see the enrollment tab above for more complete information.
Here are some upcoming events at St. Matthew School:
Thursday, April 2
- 7th Grade Re-enactment of Last Supper- 2 p.m.
Friday, April 3
- Good Friday 1:00 p.m. Dismissal (NO EXTENDED CARE)
- 8th Grade Living Stations of the Cross 10 a.m.
Monday, April 6
- Easter Monday- No School
Monday, April 13
- 8th Grade Leaves for Washington, D.C. trip
Wednesday, April 15
- PFA General Meeting- 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, April 23
- 1 p.m. Dismissal- Teacher Professional Development
Friday, April 24
- Student Council Dress Day- Country Day
April 29-May 8
- ISTEP+ Part 2 Testing
Thursday, May 7
- Walk-a-Thon- 1:15 p.m.
Friday, May 8
- May Crowning- 8th Grade- 1:30 p.m.
Monday, May 11
- St. Matthew Blood Drive
Wednesday, May 13
- PFA General Meeting and Thank You Reception- 6:30 p.m.
Friday, May 15
- Field Day- 1 p.m. Dismissal (NO EXTENDED CARE)
Wednesday, May 20
- Final All-School Mass and 8th Grade Awards- 8:30 a.m.
- Graduation- 6 p.m.
Friday, May 15
- Last Day of School- 1 p.m. Dismissal (NO EXTENDED CARE)
Purchase your Happy Birthday message on the SMS sign!
Download the order form here. Proceeds go to the 8th Grade trip to Washington, D.C.
Earn money towards your tuition as well as for St. Matthew by purchasing SCRIP gift cards for your regular shopping needs. Download the SCRIP order form here, or for more information, click on SCRIP under the PFA tab at the top of this page..
Earn rewards for our school through your regular shopping!
Through various programs at popular retailers, you can earn rewards for St. Matthew. Download the flyer for more information.
For health, physical education, and student fitness, Saint Matthew School is a partner school with Peyton Manning Children’s Hospital at Saint Vincent.
St. Matthew Catholic School
The community of St. Matthew Catholic School is dedicated to provide a faith-filled Catholic education that fosters the growth of the whole child. Through developmentally appropriate academics, we facilitate social growth in a safe environment and inspire self-discipline, personal responsibility, and a concern for others in the world.
St. Matthew Catholic School | 4100 East 56th Street | Indianapolis, IN 46220 | 317-251-3997