SPIRITUAL LIFE COMMISSION promotes and spiritually engages adult parishioners on their journey of faith through celebration of liturgy, sacraments, and faith formation. Leslie Kerr and Pat Witt
Altar Society is responsible for weekly cleaning of the main sanctuary, daily chapel, prayer chapel, and front and back sacristies. Meets Friday or Saturday morning (as scheduled) to clean the church and altar linens. Marie Rogers
Arts and Environment Committee oversees beautification of the church for celebrations and events. John Shank, 317-361-7079
Bible Study reads and discusses Old and New Testament books and related topics. Leslie Kerr, 501-590-6673
FORMED is a wonderful website that has been called a “Catholic Netflix.” St. Matthew has purchased a parish-wide subscription to FORMED On Demand, which provides access to inspiring movies, video-based studies, audio talks, and e-books from the Church’s most compelling speakers and authors. Our parish has invested in FORMED so each of us might grow in our relationship with Jesus Christ and learn about and share our faith. All St. Matthew parishioners have free, unlimited access to FORMED, 24/7 on a smartphone, computer, iPad, or Kindle. PLEASE NOTE: You can purchase additional content called “FORMED Market,” but our FORMED On Demand subscription provides a huge amount of material without cost to you. It takes just two easy steps to register:
- Go to formed.org. Our parish code is 4X3C73.
- Click “Register Now” and enter your name, email address, and desired password.
July 4 Tri-Parish Mass and Breakfast is celebrated at and hosted by Saint Matthew Parish on Independence Day.
- Altar Servers assist the Celebrant at Mass, grades 5-8. Kathy and John Streiff
- Eucharistic Ministers assist the Celebrant in distribution of the Body and Blood of Christ at the Eucharist. Pat Witt, 317-270-8338
- Eucharistic Ministers to the Homebound and Assisted Living Centers take Communion to people who are unable to attend Sunday Mass. Carolyn Wooton, 317-670-5799
- Mass Coordinators perform traditional sacristan duties and oversee other liturgical ministers before Mass. Pat Witt, 317-270-8338
- Proclaimers/Lectors proclaim the Word of God (first and second readings) and lead the Prayers of the Faithful at Sunday Mass and other liturgies. Marie Carson, 317-257-4297, extension 2212
- Ushers seat people, collect the offering, and coordinate the presentation of the offertory gifts for weekend Masses. Jack Godfrey, 317-257-2218
Marriage Preparation Sponsors assist couples preparing for marriage. Jeni Lengerich Pleiss
Music Ministry offers music leadership for weekend Masses and other liturgical celebrations. Our music community is a great place to serve by leading others in song, learning skills that encourage artistic beauty and creativity, and glorifying God with the music gifts He has given us. There are many ways to participate for all ages. If you are interested in being involved, please contact Debbie Ward, Director of Music, to learn about all the great options available at 317-257-4297, extension 2213. Masses at 5 p.m., 9 a.m., and noon always need vocalists and instrumentalists and are scheduled according to availability.
- Choir: Meets every Sunday, 10:15-11:30 a.m., in the parish music room for rehearsal and provides music for 9 a.m. Mass as scheduled.
- Youth: Vocal teams assist in leading music for Mass and special occasions based on availability.
- Musicians: Instrumentalists are needed for 5 p.m., 9 a.m., and noon Mass on a weekly basis.
The Contemporary Music Ensemble leads music for two Masses a month and is led by Colleen Perron.
RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) is the process for welcoming new members into the Catholic Church and preparing them to celebrate the sacraments of initiation. Numerous opportunities to serve/volunteer include catechetical team, sponsors, prayer partners, and hospitality. This group usually meets weekly from August through May. If you are interested in becoming a Catholic or learning more about the process, contact Jeni Lengerich Pleiss, 317-257-4297, ext. 2215